Today, I’ll be showing you how to make this quick & easy broccoli recipe that only takes 20 minutes. This dish has a touch of Asia through its stir frying method, and sprinkling of sesame seeds (which is optional).
It is the perfect burst of flavour and also healthy thanks for the added nutrients of the broccoli.
How To Make Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Steak (Ribeye or Sirloin)
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 gloves minced garlic
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- 1 chicken stock cubed
- 250grams boiled water
- 4 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of white pepper
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- Broccoli stems
- Cornflour slurry (1tbsp cornflour & 2 tbsp of water)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Chop the ribeye steaks into long thin slices, and chop again horizontally into smaller chunks
- Add salt & pepper, and fry beef for 4-5 minutes
- Chop and mince from ginger and garlic
- Mix 1 chicken cube stock with 250grams of hot boiling water. Mix until chicken stock dissolves.
- In a separate bowl, add the soy sauce, white wine vinegar, brown sugar, white & black pepper.
- Cut the broccoli lengthways, and stir fry them for 5-7 minutes, depending on how soft you want the broccoli.
- Add the ginger, garlic to the stir fried broccoli, and cook for 1 minute. Next add the beef, and cook for another minute.
- Lastly, pour in the chicken stock & sauce mix. Add the cornflour slurry, and allow everything to cook together for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with a side of your choice. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds (optional).