How to make Spaghetti with Garlic recipe
This recipe is also known as spaghetti with garlic and olive oil – you can add whatever you want and cok it to your liking. But here are the basics.
- Spaghetti (boiled)
- 3 cloves of garlic – sliced
- Red chilli flakes
- Fresh parsley – chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Small plum tomatoes – half sliced each
1. Boil your spaghetti according to the packet instructions – get a boiling pot of water, add a pinch of salt, and bring to the boil. Save 1/4 cup (60ml) of your pasta water, then drain the rest.
2. Get a large saute pan or wok, without turning on the heat. Throw in the garlic then turn the heat up slowly, on a low-medium heat, and cook until your garlic is frargrant and slightly coloured – (ensure it doesn’t turn fully brown to avoid a bitter taste). Cook the garlic on a low-medium heat for 3 minutes
3. Then add the chilli flakes to the garlic, stir, and cook for an extra minute.
4. Add the remaining pasta water you kept aside, until it simmers. Next, add the cooked spaghetti, parsley, and chopped tomatoes (if using). Stir until your pasta is well coated with all the contents in your pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.