Hi guys, today I’m going to show you how to create this delicious spinach spaghetti recipe. This recipe is quick & easy, but most importantly, utterly delicious – it also makes a good dish for both yourself or whole family! Let’s dive into the details.
How to make spinach spaghetti
- Spinach (washed)
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- Spaghetti (cooked)
- Half of the spaghetti water (not drained)
- Parmesan cheese
- Strips of bacon, chopped (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (half a tab, grated)
- Olive oil
- Parsley (optional)
- On medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large deep frying pan. Then, add the garlic and cook to soften for 1 min, but not quite brown
- Add the spinach and sauté with the garlic until it is wilted. This should take about 5 minutes. Then, season with salt and pepper, and place aside.
- Cook your pasta accordingly. Pasta usually takes 10-15 mins to cook on medium heat. Important: Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining. We’ll need this later. Drain the rest of the pasta, and set aside.
- Get a blender and add the garlic and spinach mixture, with the grated cheese and half of the pasta water. Blend until it forms a sauce, you can add more pasta water if needed.
- Then, add the sauce back into a hot pan and stir. Once the sauce is heated, add your spaghetti and mix thoroughly until the sauce covers the pasta.
- Optional: If you choose to use bacon, fry the strips on a separate pan, then chop it finely, and add to your spinach and sauce mix.
- Once everything is heated through, taste and season with more salt and pepper to your likening. Serve with a sprinkle of cheese, grated.